Herbs Go Wild!
Come and see the beautiful scenery, breathe the cleanest air in the world, hear the silence, pick the seasonal wild herbs and taste the delicacies made of this green gold!
Wild plants are nutritional powerhouses; they are rich in nutrition and flavours. The nettle for example contains six times more iron than spinach! In addition, they are ecological and sustainable, local and free!
We will explore the nearby surroundings and find ten most common Finnish wild herbs and vegetables. You will learn how to recognise them, where to forage, how to use them in cooking and store the catch for the long winter season. The program also includes information of the positive health benefits you get from spending time in nature and tasting of snacks made of the wild, green gold of nature
If you wish we can also light a campfire, feel the atmosphere of the fire and cook traditional pot coffee (separate program and price). Please ask more: email@example.com
- Duration of the activity is 2 hours or according to your wishes. The lenght of the walk can also be modified to your group
- This activity can be arranged in all weather conditions. This activity is available: May - September
- For bigger groups than 40 persons please ask availability firstname.lastname@example.org / +358 50 5413252
- The default location is Nature Center Haltia and it's surrounding area, other locations are also possible
- Minimum charge is for 10 persons, prices are including VAT 24%
What to pack: Outdoorsy clothing matching the weather and good shoes to walk in nature. In case of rain we will provide good and comfortable rain capes. Water bottle is recommended too
Please see the terms and cancellation policy below!
Nature and wilderness guide, snowshoeing, wild herb, forestmind and kayaking instructor
Being in nature not only makes you feel better emotionally but it contributes to your physical wellbeing by reducing blood pressure, heart rate, muscle tension, and the production of stress hormones only after 10 minutes!